NOTE B1 Net sales
- 1 NOTE B1 Net sales
- 2 NOTE B2 Underlying raw material & energy costs
- 3 NOTE B3 Underlying EBITDA
- 4 NOTE B4 Underlying depreciation & amortization
- 5 NOTE B5 Underlying net financial charges
- 6 NOTE B6 Underlying income taxes
- 7 NOTE B7 Underlying profit from discontinued operations
- 8 NOTE B8 CAPEX
- 9 NOTE B9 Free Cash Flow
- 10 NOTE B10 Net working capital
- 11 NOTE B11 Underlying net debt
- 12 NOTE B12 CFROI
- 13 NOTE B13 Research & Innovation
Net sales totaled €10,125 million, up 6%, on 8% higher volumes.
- The -1% scope effect reflects the sale of the smaller polyolefin cross-linkable compounds and formulated resins businesses in June 2017.
- Foreign exchange fluctuations had a -1% effect on conversion, mainly from the depreciation of the US dollar, and to a lesser extent from the Chinese renminbi, British pound, and Japanese yen, offset partly by the appreciation of the Brazilian real.
- The 8% volume increase came from all segments. In Advanced Materials, demand for high-performance polymers continued to grow, most notably for automotive and smart devices. Composites sales stabilized year on year, with aerospace composite sales slightly above the prior year offset by weak demand in industrial markets. Advanced Formulations volumes grew strongly, driven by the North American shale oil and gas market recovery. In Performance Chemicals, soda ash volumes were strong throughout the year and the new peroxide HPPO plant started up.
 Scope effects include acquisitions and divestments of smaller businesses not leading to the restatement of previous periods.