Intentional attacks on Solvay sites, information and people with the intent to cause harm, damage, or negative consequences.
Prevention and mitigation actions
- Solvay has a threat-based and compliance-based security approach to protecting sites, information, and people.
- A Group Security Director coordinates all security activities globally in order to ensure efficient security risk mitigation.
- The Executive Committee has endorsed the creation of two governance bodies:
- a Security Board, chaired by the CFO and another Executive Committee member, and
- a Security Coordination Working Group, chaired by the Group Security Director, which aims to run a continuous security threat monitoring program and an optimized security program for the Group.
2017 main actions
- Continuation of the Group’s cyber-security initiatives in Solvay Business Services (SBS).
- Launch of a Group-wide physical security program, focusing initially on the Group’s high-risk industrial sites. Vulnerabilities have been identified and will be mitigated in 2018.
- Adoption of a Group Security Policy, embedding security in the Group’s governance rules.