An accident in connection with hazardous chemical transportation poses the risk of injury to neighbors or the public.
Prevention and mitigation actions
- Solvay follows the transport safety recommendations of associations such as CTEF (Comité Technique Européen du Fluor), and programs such as Responsible Care®
- Optimization of transport routes,
- Global selection process for dangerous goods transporters, relying on selected and audited haulers,
- Assessment of transporters handling Solvay’s “high concern dangerous goods”,
- Dangerous goods safety advisors network,
- Corrective actions, and
- Worldwide emergency assistance from the Carechem (external emergency chemical helpline service) in the event of an accident.
2017 main actions
Pursuing Solvay transport safety program to reinforce preventive actions.