Recognition from the rating agencies
- GRI disclosures
Solvay endeavors to perform strongly on both financial and extra-financial indexes, striving at all times to earn and retain the confidence and support of all its stakeholders. We use feedback from ratings agencies as a benchmark and an indicator of our stakeholders’ main concerns. This directly impacts on our own priorities.
Our main indexes
BEL 20 index
Solvay is a long-time component of the Brussels-based BEL 20 index.
CAC 40 index
Solvay has been listed on the CAC 40 index, based in Paris, since September 2012, following the company’s merger with Rhodia.
CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project)
An international organization, CDP analyzes how companies integrate climate change in their strategies. Solvay is in the middle range in its sector, scoring “B” in climate, water and forests.
- internal carbon price, climate change risk process
- targets not verified by SBTi
EcoVadis supplier sustainability ratings
Solvay ranks Gold, with a score of 77/100.
- labor practices, fair business practices, environment, sustainable procurement
Ethibel Sustainability index
Solvay has been reconfirmed as a constituent of the Ethibel Sustainability Index (ESI) Excellence Europe since September 20, 2017.
Euronext 100 index
This pan-European index is made up of the one hundred largest and most liquid stocks traded on Euronext. Solvay is currently one of eleven Belgian constituents of the index.
Solvay has an absolute score on FTSE’s ethical investment index of 3.8/5, and its score relative to its peers is 98%.
- top 10% of “super-sector” companies
- governance, climate change, health and safety, labor standards
Solvay is rated as a “Prime” company – with a score of B- – by the German ethical ratings agency, ranking among the leaders in chemicals.
- eco-efficiency, governance criteria
- water management, use of alternative raw materials, product stewardship, staff and supplier management
RobecoSAM Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
Solvay has joined the DJSI World Index and is ranked 11th.
- materiality analysis, human rights policy, impact measurement and valuation.
- operational eco-efficiency, water-related risks, product stewardship management
Solvay is a constituent of the Euronext Vigeo World Index. Its performance is considered to be robust and stable.
- environmental strategy and eco-design, promotion of labor relations, non-discrimination
- environmental impact of transport, waste management, development of green products & services, executive remuneration.
Solvay shares are incorporated in numerous other weighted stock market indexes, including the STOXX family (DJ Stoxx and DJ Euro Stoxx), the FTSE 300, and the MSCI index.