A security event such as terrorism, crime, violence, vandalism, or theft which would impact employees, sites, assets, critical information, or intellectual property and could have negative consequences for the business.
Prevention and mitigation actions
- Solvay has a threat, risk, and compliance-based security approach to protecting sites, information, and people;
- A Group Security Director coordinates all security activities globally in order to ensure efficient security risk mitigation;
- Two governance bodies lead the security risk management effort:
- a Security Board, chaired by an Executive Committee member;
- a Security Coordination Working Group, chaired by the Group Security Director, which aims to run a continuous security threat monitoring program and an optimized security program for the Group.
2018 main actions
- Creation of the role of Security Champion in the GBUs and Functions to facilitate a coordinated approach to managing security risks in the Group. These Champions are the voice of their entities within the Security Coordination Working Group. They ensure that governance is implemented in a manner consistent with business priorities;
- Launching a Data Protection Plan to protect the Group’s sensitive information;
- Completion of projects to improve the security of high-risk sites.